Since the upgrade to Windows 10 1809 we received a notification on the Windows desktop that the firewall is disabled and should be enabled. The firewall has been disabled by GPOs and should not be enabled by any user and we do not want to disturb our users with this message. The workstations are used on well protected internal networks, so we want to disable this notification.
Method 1 – Manually
- Click on the start button, then click on ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘System’.
- Click on ‘Notifications & actions’
- Disable ‘Security and Maintenance’
Method 2 – By Registry Key
- To disable notifications create the DWORD key “Enabled” and set the value to 0.
- To enable notifications remove the DWORD key “Enabled” completely.
Download the reg-file below.
Method 3 – By GPO
Attached you can download our custom ADM template to disable firewall notifications.