I got an error while upgrade ESXi host from ESXi 6.0 to ESXi 6.7 U3b. The upgrade process failed with the error “Conflicting_vibs Error”. See screenshot below.
Error: <CONFGLICTING_VIBS ERROR: Vibs on the host are conflicting with vibs in metadata.Remove the conflicting vibs or use image builder to create a custom ISO providing newer version of the conflicting vibs.
Find the conflicting VIB
~ # esxcli software vib list|grep Mel net-mst 220.127.116.11-1OEM.518.104.22.1680000 Mellanox PartnerSupported 2015-03-02
Remove conflicting VIB
# esxcli software vib remove --vibname=net-mst Removal Result Message: The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective. Reboot Required: true VIBs Installed: VIBs Removed: Mellanox_bootbank_net-mst_22.214.171.124-1OEM.5126.96.36.1990000 VIBs Skipped: ~ #
Now restart your ESXi host and run the upgrade again.
1. ESXi 6.7 has Mellanox driver as inbox.
2. nmlx4-* modules are of native driver for ConnectX-3 NIC family
3. net-mlx4-* modules are of vmkinux driver (old API) for ConnectX-3 NIC family
4. In general, it’s always advised to install latest native driver from (when available) : http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=29
5. About performance there is too little information about configuration and actual bandwidth, kindly elaborate.
Check the NIC driver currently in use:
# esxcli network nic list